Welcome to whatever is on my mind!

Some people use the term "nonsense" but I prefer to use the phrase "uncommonly sensed" because it's more reflective of creative types.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

What I Saw in Virginia


I'm on my way to Book Expo America and passed through Virginia yesterday. You know what I saw? Cows. I kept thinking about that travel slogan: "Virginia is for Lovers" and thought it should have been "Virginia is for Lovers of Cows." Don't get me wrong. These were very industrious cows. Grass doesn't eat itself, you know. Someone has to chomp it down all day and that's what the cows are for.

I tried to snap a few pictures. I passed Hurt Lane on the way to get coffee. I wondered what happened on that street to give it that name or who lives there and how the street name impacts property values. This is the stuff I think about.



We passed "Famous Anthony's Restaurant." What is he famous for? It's better that you don't know. Especially if you're planning to eat there. (Actually I don't know anything about it, but thought the name was ironic since the owner was virutally unknown).

I also saw a store called "Super Shoes." I figure that this is where super heroes go to buy their work shoes.

Travel is always interesting. I learn new things all the time. Back on the road today ...








1 comment: