Welcome to whatever is on my mind!

Some people use the term "nonsense" but I prefer to use the phrase "uncommonly sensed" because it's more reflective of creative types.

Saturday, September 13, 2014

A Midsummer Night's Dream - The Actor's Gang

I've seen A Midsummer Night's Dream numerous times, but last night's performance gave this play new life for me. It felt as if I were watching it for the first time. I quickly forgot that I already knew what was going to happen as I was swept up in the story telling. That's a powerful experience for the viewer and everything we hope for when we attend a live performance. Too often Shakespeare is treated with an academic and sterile approach. This was not the case last night. The staging was simple, effective and artfully done. The actors were engaging. The venue was perfect. I could not have asked for a better night of theater. Rather than go on about how great it was, I encourage anyone in Nashville to attend the final performance this evening at 8:00 at OZ Nashville.

Members of this extremely talented cast (including director Tim Robbins) were gracious enough to pose for photos with my gargoyle. You know how that warms my heart!










2 comments:

  1. Great photos of the gargoyle. I have one too but mine is part chihuahua. Wish I could go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an amazing show! I wish I lived closer. It is pure magic when you can experience something you know as if for the first time.
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete